JOIN US on Saturday, April 26th, 2014 for YMCA Healthy Kids Day. 4 great events. One Day. One location. FOR YOU! Last year, our South Bay Family YMCA hosted the largest Healthy Kids Day in the NATION with more than 20,000 attendees. We hope you will join us.
A HUGE thank you to the following organizations for supporting the Y through a program sponsorship.
First 5 San Diego | $5,000
NOW ACCEPTING REGISTRATIONS!
south bay community partner that cares about strengthening the foundations of
community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility,
we’d like to invite you to attend.
Who should register?
- Community organizations
- Community clinics
- Faith-based organizations
- Businesses (that do not compete with already existing stores at the Otay Ranch Town Center)
- Government agencies
- Educational institutions
How is the event FREE for booths?
You MUST bring your own table, chairs and canopy.
Displays are required to have a youth health component, environmental component, activity, game, handout, give-a-way, make-and-take, etc. Be creative and fun!
Selling of products is prohibited.
- Since this is an environmental event, please refrain from distributing one-time plastic water bottles and/or plastic bags.
- All participating booths must fill out the City of Chula Vista's waiver. Download the waiver HERE.
Set Up Time and Additional Information:
- Set up time will be: 8:00am-9:15am
- Use the NORTH entrance (Olympic Parkway) to the Otay Ranch Town Center
organizations that registered:
- YMCA Camp Surf
- YMCA Childcare Resource Service
- San Diego County Office of Education/San Diego Dept of Environmental Services
- Chula Vista Physicians Group
- Coldwell Banker West
- Mon Petit Chateau
- Home Start Inc.
- Momentum Christian Church
- Chula Vista Olympic Training Center
- Unity Lodge #632 F.&A.M.
- Sullivan Solar Power
- Securing Our eCity Foundation
- Living Coast Discovery Center
- Crown Cove Aquatic Center
- SWC Community CPR & First Aid Program
- Bonita Road Runners
- Olivewood Gardens and Learning Center
- Macy's Otay Ranch (ORTC tenant)
- Bonita Valley Baptist Church
- Pack and Bianes Vision Care
- Eastlake Family Medical
- South Bay Physical Medicine
- Health and Human Services Agency, South Region
- Uyen Thompson DDS
- The Greatest Save
- First 5 San Diego
- Family Health Center of San Diego
- Montessori Explorer School
- Sports Authority
- Cooking 4 Life, Inc.
- Chula Vista Charitable Foundation
- Princess House Inc. Independent Consultant
- K12, Inc
- Camden Sierra at Otay Ranch
- Kids On The Go (ORTC tenant)
- Pediatrics in Paradise
- American Cancer Society Relay for Life of Chula Vista
- Fitness with Jacqueline - Fit Fuzion Wellness Studio
- SANDAG iCommute
- Ripple Textile Recycling Inc.
- Foundry United Methodist Church
- City of Chula Vista Park and Recreation
- San Diego Girl Scouts
- Serevi Rugby
- Martial Arts Warriors Academy
- Concordia Church and Preschool
- San Diego Jump (2 jumpers for the kids!)
- Reality Sailing
- Toyota Chula Vista
- Down To Earth Landscape & Design
- Sylvan Learning of Bonita
- South Bay Health and Insurance Services
- Chula Vista Community Collaborative
- Aquatica | SeaWorld San Diego
Union High School District
CYCLE EASTLAKE SPONSORS
Here's where you can find us.
SOUTH BAY FAMILY YMCA
Saturday, April 26, 2014
- 9:30am-9:50am FREE FAMILY ZUMBA (R) MINI WORKOUT
Code: APR14 42SI HKDZUM
- 9:50am-10:00am FREE Friar Fit (San Diego Padres)
- 10:00am-2:00pm Event & Festivities
- Download the event flyer HERE.
Otay Ranch Town Center
- 2015 Birch Road, Chula Vista 91915
National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
FREE Disposal of Tires
OPENING CEREMONY | 10am
Will take place promptly at 10:00am on the stage across from the Food Court.
- Joe Little (Opening Ceremony Emcee) | 10News
- Assemblywoman Shirley N. Weber, Ph.D.
- Chula Vista Mayor Cheryl Cox
- Chula Vista Deputy Mayor Pat Aguilar
- Chula Vista Councilmember Mary Salas
- Kim Medeiros, Executive Director | First 5 San Diego
- Mrs. California 2014 - Staci Ortiz-Davis
These businesses will be promoting our event and will be on-site the day-of.
ABOUT YMCA HEALTHY KIDS DAY
Did you know?
- Our Y hosted the largest YMCA Healthy Kids Day in the NATION last year, with more than 20,000 attendees and 135 community booths!
- As part of the Y's commitment to strengthen community by addressing critical gaps in health and education, Healthy Kids Day® will encourage kids and parents to commit to keeping the body and mind active this summer.
Want to see more?
- KUSI News was on-site last year for our event. All the news coverage can be found on YouTube on our YMCA of San Diego County channel. CLICK HERE to view the news clips.