Swim Test Procedures
AGE AND HEIGHT REGULATIONS
All swimmers under the age of 18 must meet one of the below listed requirements before entering the water.
• Slide and Slide Pool (shallow area) Height requirement – 48in
• Slide Pool (deep area) Main Pool (shallow area) Height requirement – 54in
• Active participant in an Aquatics Program
• Properly wear a US Coast Guard approved PFD
• Be within arm’s reach of a parent or guardian
• All swimmers who do not meet the entrance requirements or want to go beyond their designated area must take a swim test.
• Swim Test – 1 minute of treading water with head out the water and 25 yards crawl stroke with side breathing.
If swimmers meet the above requirements the following must too be enforced.
• All children under the age of 6 must have a parent or guardian in the water with them despite height.
• All children under the age of 9 must have a parent or guardian on the pool deck or in the viewing area supervising them.
• All children under the age of 13 must have a parent or guardian in the building.
• No children under the age of 6 are permitted in the spa. Children ages 6 to 13 must have a parent accompany them to the spa.
• PFDs are available upon request but require a parent to be within arm’s length of the child.
• Parents must have reasonable control of the situation.
• Only a “down” lifeguard may administer swim test.
• Swim tests will take place in the deep end lap lane of the main pool.
• Swimmers who pass the test will be given an identifiable mark on the hand or a bracelet for that day.
• All children ages 6 and up must use the appropriate gender locker room. NO EXPECTIONS! A gender neutral restroom is located on the pool deck.
LIFEGUARDS HAVE FINAL SAY IN ALL HEALTH AND SAFETY MATTERS!