THE Y FOR
We focus our work in three key areas, because nurturing the potential of kids, helping people live healthier, and supporting our neighbors are fundamental to strengthening communities.
Swim Test Procedures
AGE AND HEIGHT REGULATIONS
All swimmers under the age of 18 must meet one of the below listed requirements before entering the water.
• Slide and Slide Pool (shallow area) Height requirement – 48in
• Slide Pool (deep area) Main Pool (shallow area) Height requirement – 54in
• Active participant in an Aquatics Program
• Properly wear a US Coast Guard approved PFD
• Be within arm’s reach of a parent or guardian
• All swimmers who do not meet the entrance requirements or want to go beyond their designated area must take a swim test.
• Swim Test – 1 minute of treading water with head out the water and 25 yards crawl stroke with side breathing.
If swimmers meet the above requirements the following must too be enforced.
• All children under the age of 6 must have a parent or guardian in the water with them despite height.
• All children under the age of 9 must have a parent or guardian on the pool deck or in the viewing area supervising them.
• All children under the age of 13 must have a parent or guardian in the building.
• No children under the age of 6 are permitted in the spa. Children ages 6 to 13 must have a parent accompany them to the spa.
• PFDs are available upon request but require a parent to be within arm’s length of the child.
• Parents must have reasonable control of the situation.
• Only a “down” lifeguard may administer swim test.
• Swim tests will take place in the deep end lap lane of the main pool.
• Swimmers who pass the test will be given an identifiable mark on the hand or a bracelet for that day.
• All children ages 6 and up must use the appropriate gender locker room. NO EXPECTIONS! A gender neutral restroom is located on the pool deck.
LIFEGUARDS HAVE FINAL SAY IN ALL HEALTH AND SAFETY MATTERS!